Harrisburg Pennsylvania Sexual Harassment by Supervisors Lawyer

Is Your Boss Making Sexual Advances?

Experienced Pennsylvania Sexual Harassment Lawyers

When a supervisor or manager makes sexual advances or demeaning comments, you may feel powerless and without options. If you do nothing, the behavior will most likely continue. Confronting the person or reporting harassment could have negative consequences. If you quit, you forfeit many rights and the abuse goes unpunished.

Before you take any action, contact the experienced and compassionate attorneys at McCarthy Weisberg Cummings, P.C. We will explain your legal rights and walk you through the steps to report sexual harassment and build a claim against your employer.

Tell Us Your Story Call our Harrisburg law office at 717-260-3646 or 866-716-2315 or e-mail us to arrange a free, confidential consultation. We take cases throughout south central Pennsylvania.

Sexual Harassment by Managers or Supervisors

Your employer is obligated to protect you against sexual harassment in the workplace, especially sexual harassment from a boss or anyone taking advantage of their position of authority over you. If the company does not take appropriation action, you have legal remedies, including filing a lawsuit for damages.

Your rights and the supervisor/subordinate relationship are never "off duty." The employer is liable for a supervisor's actions in the workplace or away from it. Examples of some of these prohibited actions include:

  • Groping or sexual assault
  • Unwanted sexual advances
  • Demands for sex under threats of termination or other consequences
  • Quid pro quo (sexual favors in exchange for a raise, promotion or perks)
  • Touching, hugging or other uncomfortable contact
  • Lewd comments about your body
  • Sexually suggestive or explicit language, e-mails or pictures
  • Retaliation after accusing a supervisor, including termination or workplace discrimination

Reporting and Documenting the Abuse

In certain circumstances, you cannot sue unless you have made an official complaint to management or ownership. At McCarthy Weisberg Cummings, P.C., we provide the moral support for this intimidating step and coach you on how to report sexual harassment, document the company's response and deal with any continuing harassment.

We generally advise against quitting, because it can hurt your claim. However, even if you have already quit because of the hostile work environment, you might have a claim for constructive discharge.

Pursuing Compensation

Your employer may offer to settle in exchange for resignation. We fight to ensure that you are compensated for the economic loss (lost earnings, future earnings, benefits) and emotional suffering. If your employer fights the claim, we are prepared to go to trial to hold him or her accountable.

Contact us today to discuss sexual harassment by a supervisor, manager or employer. In most cases, we take no attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you.

Larry Weisberg is the contributing author to this content.